Sunday, March 6, 2016

NRTL Yard Update III

The yard is done with these foam sheets that are
the same height as foam track bed.
You can find these at craft stores, I think there are
4 12"x18" sheets for $3.00. 
The drop feeder wires are all in place and ready to be soldered.
I'm also toying with the background a bit.  I liked a photo that
someone had posted on a Facebook N-scale page that had an alley
scene in it.  All you see are the backyards of the residences.


Added some Woodland Scenics lighting to the interior of the
engine service facility.  I like it.
The windows took a bit to do.  Each individual pane is done with
a fine tip brown Sharpee marker.  Then a wash of Woodland Scenics
rust color paint marker was added over the top of it all.  The interior
platforms are from another engine servicing kit.  I thought they went well inside
of the building.  Still need to add more details!


 

Displaying IMG_1193.JPG
Displaying IMG_1193.JPG

No comments:

Post a Comment