Friday, May 9, 2014

Edison Power & Light's Power Plant at New Rahel

It's been a while since  a post, but who's keeping track?  Probably no one.  I thought I'd drop a couple of pictures here on the power plants progress.

I need to weather the 2 new smokestacks
The old one were cracked.  You can see some
of the coal piles in the yard and I have a couple
of pieces of earth moving equip. to model and
add to the scene in addition to a maintenance shed.

The coal cars enter the dump shed that also thaws the frozen coal cars in the winter months.  I still have to paint the coal loads in the cars so they are uniform in color as well as weather the cars.

Overhead of the yard looking north.  On the hill to the right will be a freight transfer building and the track to no where will someday be a wharf and associated buildings.

2 comments:

  1. Looks good. Do you think you would want to add limestone loads? Local plants have piles of the gray stone near to their coal stockpiles. It looks neat.

    Thanks for posting. I have more fun working on the choo choos when I can get good ideas for other modelers.

    Best,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never noticed limestone around my local coal fired power plant before. What's the limestone's purpose at the power pant?

    ReplyDelete